Sunday 14 February 2021

Valentines Day Poetry



Roses are red, Violets are blue,

ICU's are overwhelmed so what can we do,

Stay Inside if you can, go masked if you can't,

Soon we'll get back to where we can hold hands.




Kisses and Hugs on our minds today,

But the NHS we can Never repay,

Sitting together with the ones that we love,

Thankful that we don't need to work in masks gowns and gloves.




This pandemic left us in a crisis, without direction,

But the time inside has caused some self-reflection,

We asked the NHS to save us and did it to perfection,

Talk about their greatness you'll hear no objection.




On this day I give thanks for those important to me,

Supporting me and never asking for a fee,

Friends who have seen my lows and still as real as can be,

There support not contingent and that's what matters.




Today I think about those who gave up special days to care,

Chose to look after me when I needed them there,

Who nursed me back to health so I can write in this chair,

So I can tell you these things while I breathe this fresh air.




Last year was so tough, and this ones not easy,

As I walk outside, I see people too close leaves me feeling queasy,

This stress getting too much for me but we'll make it through,

Hopefully, we get out of this pandemic and start over brand new. 





Hey I hope you enjoyed the poem, I know I have not been active on here but between health issues, working on the podcast and planning out other projects for World Delirium Day on the 17th March. So I have a lot of irons in the fire and I have been failing on a few of them. I have been taking time to try and deal with a new condition I have developed and trying to keep everything to the standard I'd like. So I am hoping I can get more regular on here with a Blog about my recent health issues and get back writing more poems about my life in healthcare and life in general,


I greatly appreciate your support even if it is just to read my poem that is more than enough, I am so thankful for everyone who takes the time to it means a lot. If you would like to listen to the podcast where I speak with top ICU healthcare practitioners about important ICU topics ICU Life and Recovery Podcast 


Is there a topic you would like to see me write a poem on next? if so please leave a comment and I will try my best to do it 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...