Friday 29 January 2021

Overwhelmed

 Lockdown has got me knocked down,

Every day seems more than my lot now,

Every new stress seem like a weight that will break me,

Everyday straining to stay sane,

The voice in my brain tells me it too much pain. 


But every day I open my eyes, get out my bed a victory,

Every step, smile, every day a parry of the attack,

My riposte the words I write in an attempt to defeat this foe,

But Being Diagnosed with HS was a heavy blow,

Buckled my knees and dove me to the floor.


A victim of a Drive-by Diagnosis,

It took all my strength to make it to my car,

A force of will I am known for,

Left to find out about the Condition from the Internet,

This is not how it should be but how I was left.


 But I don't have time or energy to be sorry for myself,

Got to move on and cope with the stress,

The situation ain't going to change, so got to knuckle down,

Got podcasts to make and verses to write,

Emotions to release the only way I know how.


This Pandemic is like a pressure cooker,

Some people are withering under the pressure,

But all those Healthcare worked and forming diamonds,

But what those that can't cope don't seem to know!

Is even in this crisis you are never alone,

If you need help please reach out,

If it's just or a chat or something more,

There is lots of support even more than before.


If your feeling really down and don't know what to do,

Speak with anyone and tell them what's up,

Because in the end, we're all here together,

And we need to support each other till we make it through.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...