Saturday 9 February 2019

Delirium: My Biggest Foe

Delirium


Delirium is a terrible foe,
After just one battle my mind was battered,
It left unsure of myself and reality,
Its effects are seen years later,
Mentally affected this fact I know.

Detached from reality but grounded in one,
Being pursued by faceless goons with guns,
What to me were years of torture and strife,
Was merely but weeks in my 'real' life,
As real to me as anything I've ever done.

Easy to see the difference once in recovery,
But separating fact from fiction a difficult discovery,
When your brain betrays you it's hard to see,
Fact from Fiction, delusion from reality,
Everything felt real from touch to pain,
Perhaps I was simply insane?

The fact is this my trauma was real,
Just because its hidden doesn't change what I feel,
Kindness and Understanding is all that I need,
So once more I say from the bottom of my heart,
ICU's Nurses are a world apart,
Reassuring and soothing their presence was,
Understood my trauma without a word.

You might not see the scars it has left,
But what it has done to me is straight up theft,
Stole from me my memory and concentration,
It came in the night like a common thug,
Destroying me leaving me to deal with the devastation.

I have rebuilt myself from the ashes left behind,
Adapted to the issues and complications in my mind,
I am stronger and better than I ever was,
Been to hell and survived it all.

So this is my story, these are my scars,
Please help us raise awareness about this all,
To long hidden has Delirium been,
To shine a Light on the problem is my aim,
To help those affected feel less insane,
And even maybe help to mitigate their pain.

So remember the 13th of March,
Its Delirium Awareness day,
Understanding the problem can go a long way,
This just touches the surface but it is a start,
Remember Delirium can affect anyone,
Healthy or weak, old or young.

Delirium is a big problem that isn't really understood, if you are reading this please, help raise awareness on the 13th of March. If you can retweet the messages that will be about then and I hope I have helped you understand at least a little what its like to have suffered Delirium and the after effects of it. If you have any questions I am on twitter feel free to DM me or leave a Message here on the blog. But mostly Thank you for reading.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...