Saturday 2 February 2019

The Good and Bad times

We all have good and bad times,
We have to reveal in the good,
But push through the bad and the sad,
Trying not to get mad but always be glad,
For the good times and the people we love,
People sent to us from Heaven above.

The joys of the highs never lasting long enough,
The lows of the bad lasting longer than they should,
But in the darkest of times there is always a light,
The reason to fight, friends and family,
The people who made the good times great,
Also hold us up on the darkest days.

Love conquers all is a cliché,
But a kernel of truth lies in it,
Love gives us strength when all else fails,
A reason to crawl with your finger tips,
Love makes us the best us, gives us courage,
It makes us burn so bright we’re seen on the dark nights.

Death, fear, depression seek to snuff out the light,
Like a cloak of darkness they obscure your sight,
But all they have done is hide the radiance,
Look for the glow of those you love,
They will illuminate the path back home,
No dark is too dark to traverse back to family.

I saw a lot of people I follow on Twitter having a hard time and a few of my good friends going through some hard times. I have had two hospital stays in January for neutropenic sepsis so I was a bit down. I am extremely fortunate that since my ICU stay my ‘robustness’ has improved I have ways of staving off the dark thoughts or pushing through them quicker (Video Game Stardew Valley, poetry, expressing patient opinions etc). I wanted to let the people who are having hard times know I am thinking of you, I might not know what to say to you to help but I’m always thinking of you and worrying (it’s my nature I worry.) And I am also hoping this can help them see that it’s dark just now but it won’t alway be. You are all important to me and I am thankful for everyday I get to spend with everyone even if it is just an occasional tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...