Wednesday 13 March 2019

Campaigning for Delirium

Campaigning

I sat there in the bright lights,
My stomach-churning anxiety rising,
Will do alright or will I fail,
Stuttering my way through,
Embarrassing right?

It’s very important I get it right,
The message so strong and impactful,
Please let me not be the weak link,
Though Anxiety rising clarity forms,
In that one take, I nail it all.

Elation, Jubilation, Success it’s done,
But just stage one of the effort is done,
A battle lifelong the issue will take,
But each little gain, lives are saved,
So very thankful to have survived for this day.

No more in the Darkness Delirium is,
Cast light on the monster outing it here,
Keep intact what patients hold dear,
Improvement and understanding will banish this foe.

Nearly it did beat me, But in the end, it failed,
All my hardships previous in comparison paled,
A difficult opponent Delirium was,
Better support in this fight is my cause.


So, in ending I say but one thing,
The unspoken enemy’s name shall be screamed,
Delirium we’re coming, is the important thing,
We will defeat you but only as a team,

Doctors, Nurses, Patients and Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...