Wednesday 26 June 2019

Blood Draw

Viens healing after years of blood draws,
Scarring formed from excessive abuse,
Pain growing with there ever use,
These blood tests needed to decide my fate,
Doses and drugs affected by their results.

These simple tests saved my life,
Found conditions before symptoms,
Identified conditions when our hair we where pulling,
Found my complexity and genetic issues,
Autoinflammatory issues hidden until the blood draw.

The Dark Red liquid as valuable as gold,
The loss of it in large amounts fatal,
But the gift of it in Pints a noble cause,
Many units I've had, Thank god for every donor.

If you are ever wondering what the greatest gift is?
Donating blood is high on the list,
Saving a life every 2 months! Woah that's great,
I owe my life to donors giving me my life,
Without a thought saving people like me.

Those bags famous on TV  as if infinite,
Misleading facts, Blood not wanted to run out,
The kindness of strangers keep those in need alive,
When down fighting for your life the gold heaven sent.

Blood giving the strength to fight,
The energy as well as protecting organs from its lack,
Life restored in the worst of cases,
Now let's talk about White Gold aka Platelets,
Stopping bleeding in those without,
Stopped me bleeding to death from ITP,
White and Red gold, Life-saving, a Most precious gift given.


Hey guys, I just want to say, anyone who is reading this and has donated blood, thank you from the bottom of my heart. That act probably saved someone's life, that is a fact, you are a hero. There is no measure of the value of that gift.

If you haven't given blood I would implore you if you can give blood please seriously consider doing it. If for no other reason than if you were in an accident you would want there to be your type of blood ready for you if you needed it.



If you are in Scotland you can check here to see if you can give and where here: https://www.scotblood.co.uk/giving-blood/




American Red Cross: https://www.redcrossblood.org/


Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the poem and maybe consider giving blood if you haven't already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...