Tuesday 11 June 2019

My Weakness, My Failing

Doubt creeps in my vision and thoughts,
My shortcomings more apparent,
Physically less able but mentally acute,
My body unable to keep up with mental ability,
My fight and drive powered by that taken from me.


With each passing year, I look at less and less of me,
The wounds and scars showing whats taken,
Every grey hair a reminder of the speed of time,
I look around me seeing the limitations imposed on me,
I entrench myself trying to do what I can.


But my naivety led me to think I would be unmoved,
The deeper I dug in the more taken from me,
Youth blinded me to the cost of my obstinate belief,
Unseeing that stealthy little thief,
My Immune system weakening me laying me bare,
For that infection that took my air,
Took my mind and nearly took my life,
But it lit a fire in me to keep fighting regardless of strife.


My body doesn't like me,
It keeps trying to kill me,
Attacking my organs with impunity,
Ileostomy what's left behind,
Scars growing in number, taking over my skin,
These are my failings for all to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...