Tuesday 11 December 2018

Capital Night

My trip to the capital quick and fun,
Till we got to the centre then the nightmare begun,
Round and round we go, tempers beginning to fray,
Driving around till day became night,
Thank gosh I only here for a one night stay.

Excited for the night out but equally frightened,
These people I’ve met once so kind and inviting,
I sit in my hotel anxiety building, 
The knot in my stomach slowly churning,
But my conditions will not stop me,
Nor will I let them define me.

Met them once but some feel like lifelong friends,
Funny how ICU can unite you,
That journey shared needs not to be spoken,
Each of us strong when formerly broken,
Unashamed, unafraid, unbashful,
Life is for living not living in fear.

They invited me even though practically a stranger,
Accepted into their group without reservation,
Fortunate to have such wonderful friends,
Blessed to have found them in my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...