Wednesday 22 May 2019

A day in the life.

A patient Poem.

Eyes open survived another night,
Eyes adjusting to the daylight,
Brain engaging am I alright,
Is that pain an ache or much more,
Am I hot or running a fever?

Is the feeling in my throat just dry,
Or is it an infection,
Will it send me to the hospital?
When I stop reacting sure it will,
Hypochondriac or just really ill.

The worry sitting in my mind like an enemy,
Whispering in my ear that the end is near,
Telling me that feeling in my stomach's a twist,
That pressure a blockage soon to appear.

Doubt covers me like a blanket holding me in the night,
Telling me worst tales through my slumber,
Will I see my next birthday I wonder?
But in these last few months peace, I have got,
The doubt proven wrong, in the hospital am not,
Stability and safety in my health I have found.

The defences ICU had quickly ground down,
Refashioned, replaced but very different now,
Not so rigid or inflexible my walls I have built,
Flexing with the stresses of life,
No longer broken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...