Wednesday 1 May 2019

Learning

We all learn in different ways,
We all see the world in different ways,
We look at things in our own unique way,
Diversity is the path to cover everyone.

One track thought leads down the same path,
When you look outside the box,
All sorts of new possibilities can be seen,
New directions and solutions can be found.

Whitewashing thoughts are no use,
The world is colourful let's embrace it,
Learning from all angles, lets embrace it,
Discrimination lets all face it, it's disgraceful. 

I'm inspired by the greatness I surround myself with,
Doesn't matter the colour, gender, religion or any other label,
What I care about is the skills, energy and talent they bring,
It's their greatness I seek, whether it be word or deed.

I've made so many friends through my work,
Listening to my words, my actions and my cause,
Inspired by all they do, every act, every deed,
Awesome people every single one, saving lives as if its nothing.

Learning from each other at every stage,
Seeing flaws in our ways,
Working together to improve our methods
Elevating each other to new heights.


I wrote this coming back from my meeting as part of the group making the patient booklet of SIGN's delirium guideline. I was feeling really creative and the juices were flowing. Wrote a few poems that day, was a very good day. I hope you enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...