Tuesday 16 June 2020

I can’t breathe

Today I woke up, it’s hard to breathe,

Humidity rising, mucus forming,

Energy sapping, tasks impossible,

Walking up the stairs constant duress.


The heat rising my thoughts effected,

The heat rising my mood effected,

The heat rising my sleep effected,

The heat rising my will effected.


The climate of the world is changing,

Not just the weather that is changing

Shade of your skin should have no bearing,

In a new world built on caring.


The melanin in your skin doesn’t define your skill,

It doesn’t define the person within,

It doesn’t show the hard work you put in,

It’s not a factor in your intelligence.


I can’t breathe I am suffering,

I can breathe can you help me,

I can’t breathe I am suffering,

Sound familiar these words do?

We’re all equal that’s what we need.


Do you have the skills?

Do have the experience?

Do you have something else to bring?

These are the questions that matter.


We are humans,

We are one,

We all live under the sun,

We all love to laugh and have fun,

We’re United we are one.



Black Lives Matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...