Thursday 25 June 2020

Protect the Protectors

We must protect those who look after us,
I watch from the sidelines as they are breaking,
I watch as my friends wills are taken,
I watch at my heroes dangerous undertaking,
I see ICU bursting at the seams.

Our guardians of our bodies while in a coma we ‘sleep’,
The stresses and strain on their shoulders we heap,
But our burdens and secrets we ask them to keep,
All of the noise wearing them down with ever machine beep,
Look at them as individuals, not mindless sheep.

These are my family these are my people,
Those who administer my metaphorical sleep pill,
Who stood with me through every valley and hill,
Those who where there for me when I was ran through the mill,
People whom I have so much respect for still.

Our protectors, problem solvers and healers,
Stripping back our issues the ultimate revealers,
Not from the potter verse but alas death dealers,
A burden they wear under layers of concealer.

These are my people, my friends, my family,
Their struggle is mine implicitly,
I will carry their burden if asked of me,
Like Lydia I will do it willingly.

But here is the thing I want you to know,
You are not alone, their are people you can phone,
You can send me a tweet or even a Dm,
If you are struggling or needing a friend,
I’m a survivor but so are you,
If you need a hand I will help you to.

Take my hand like you would take from a brother,
Embrace me fully because I love ya,
You are important to more than just me,
You are a hero in case you can’t see,
You battle with death every single day,
Doing the impossible is all I can say.


I know times are hard, I know you are in a lot of ways under appreciated. You are being over worked and asked to do more than you where already doing. It is not unnoticed I see the hard work and monumental effort you are putting in to keep people like me safe and help those sick to get through this. Thank you I see you and so do so many people. Thank you for your hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on the A-F bundle

 I was always told to stay humble, I was told let others speak about the things you do, So I’ll talk about the A to F bundle, It should be f...